Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Vegan Lasagna

Today I put together some of the ingredients that were leftover from the weekend into a vegan lasagna.  I used the red pepper dip for the "tomato sauce".  I had leftover grilled vegetables for the filling.

This was my first time using tofu in place of the Ricotta.
In a blender:
Firm tofu
Almond Milk
Basil
Sugar
Garlic salt & real garlic 2 heads

When it bakes it tastes just like Ricotta.  I will never have to buy Ricotta again since this was hella good.  If someone handed me a plate of this dish and said it was Ricotta I would not ask questions.  I didn't feel I was missing a thing.

The lasagna still needed 20 minutes to bake after this photograph was taken.  I wanted the basil on top to still look pretty.  Sorry my Pyrex is looking a little funky..

No comments:

Post a Comment