Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sweet Potato and Quinoa Salad-Wow, this is a crowd pleaser

This was the first time I ever made Quinoa.  The grain itself does not overwhelm me but when you put together all the ingredients it's a taste explosion.  You get sweet from the sweet potato, the crunch from the Pepitas, the citrus from the lime, the kick from the cayenne, and it's super "de-lish-us"

I made the recipie but decided to take Mark Bittman's suggestion to give it a little more guts and go South West with this dish.  The only ingredient I could not find was Avocado.  They looked terrible in the store so I didn't get it.  It would have made this dish over the top.

Oh yes, I bought sweet potatoes and they were white.  They were still sweet but they were white.  Not sure how that happened?


Now I have to figure out how to use my camera so you can really see this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment