Sunday, May 27, 2012

20 Day Vegan Anniversary

As of tomorrow, I will have been a vegan for 20 days.  I had a little mishap today so I'm not going to lie.  Someone in my house had some Lay's potato chips and onion dip made with sour cream.  I know, I should be aSHAMEd of myself.  Well, what can I say?...one day at a time.

I do feel better but I think it's too soon to decide if this is perfectly right for me.  I think I have been busy trying all the vegan products, recipes and yum yum's that I have not slowed down enough for a real check of my mind body and spirit.

I was happy to find multiple Vegan Meetup.com groups in the Bay Area.  There are 728 members of the Berkeley meetup. Yes, I joined.  It will be nice to explore the vegan experience with other vegan's.

So far, I'm having fun exploring a new way of life.  I have roasted my first red bell peppers, created a quinoa dish that was to die for and found some great restaurants in my neck of the woods.

This week I will be trying from Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything Vegetarian

Crunchy Corn Guacamole pg 263

Jicama Salad with Pineapple and Mint pg 50

In addition,
I have some leftover grilled vegies and I'm going to attempt a vegan lasagna.  I have a recipe for tofu ricotta but I'm having trouble finding vegan lasagna noodles.

Have a great memorial day!

No comments:

Post a Comment