Saturday, May 19, 2012

Lemony Lentils-Pretty Terrible but transformed into great vegan burgers

I'm so not into this.  I didn't like the way the Lentil smelled while cooking with the the Bay Leaves.  Maybe if I tried tangerine instead of lemons?  I think these bad boys are going to turn into lentil burgers this week.  


How do you create a binder without an egg?  Here it is, I love the internet.




Vegan Lentil Burgers

Submitted by: DENIBREITENBACH


A tasty burger patty that's high in fiber and folate and easy to prepare. Serve on a whole wheat bun with your favorite toppings.
Number of Servings: 8


Ingredients

1 cup uncooked lentils
1 cup uncooked brown rice
1-1/2 cups carrots, finely grated
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1-1/2 cups uncooked oatmeal
1 tsp season salt
1 small onion, finely grated

I didn't have any Oatmeal or carrots so I added a vegan Teriyaki and a little whole wheat flour.  I thought the lemon/teriyaki would be a nice mix.


The transformation:  I liked it enough to make a few more patties and threw them in the freezer for a later time I'm wanting a vegan burger.



No comments:

Post a Comment