Sunday, June 3, 2012

Vegan Check-In /Recipes this week

It's gorgeous in the Bay today.  These Peonies are blooming and I just can't get over them.

So, I have been doing this vegan thing.  I don't feel any different.  I do love what I'm doing because it helps me focus on good, wholesome, fresh, tasty things rather than the difficult parts of life.

I have had some tummy aches.  I can feel the fiber moving through my colon.  I have been advised to chew my food a little better.  This has helped.  Slow down, chew you food real good if you're going to try this. It's hard when I'm always on the run.  Multiple BM's per day are great...Enough said.

This week I'm making a couple more dishes from Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything Vegetarian.  I have so many vegetable leftovers from other dishes that I need to use up what I have before I buy a bunch more groceries.

This week:
Jicama Salad With Orange

I have never made couscous so I will start with Whole Wheat Couscous with Broccoli and Walnuts

I might make Couscous with Artichoke Hearts and Mushrooms but I may be tired of the couscous by the time I get to that dish.

Have a great week.


No comments:

Post a Comment