Monday, June 18, 2012

Thoughts about being Vegan-30+ days

So far, so good.

Some highlights...
1)  I have a very good internal system working (so to speak)...that's a fantastic improvement.
2)  I feel more relaxed
3)  I don't need coffee because I have enough energy in the morning to do the things I need to do.  I think all the cheese and saturated fats were weighing me down.
4)  It's fun running around town finding all the vegan hot spots and hot products.

On the downside...
1)  I really have to stay on top of what is in my refrigerator.  I find if I forget to go to the store to have everything I need, I fall off the wagon.  I even ordered a small pizza (somehow it never arrived?)  Maybe that was some higher power making sure I don't really fall too far off the wagon.

2)  My finger nails are not looking as good as they once did.  I started to take Calcium but now I read that may not be good.  So, I'm eating more greens.

This weeks culinary delights:

Carrots pureed with ginger and orange

Wasabi potato salad with Edamame & Napa Cabbage

I'm not sure what else just yet but I will let you know.


No comments:

Post a Comment